Thursday, February 4, 2010

Christmas 2009



We had a great time at Mom and Dad's for Christmas - hard but good. We had to take the kids back on Christmas Day so we had a lot of our Christmas on Christmas Eve. The kids had so much fun! We took them iceskating at Light Up UCF and Nathan absolutely loved it! I thought he would last for 5 minutes - I sure was wrong about that.   I also got to spend a lot of time with my high school BFF, Les.  Love her so much.  We always pick up right where we left off.  This time our kids got to play together and that was so great to watch!   Nathan enjoyed riding the four-wheeler with Les's middle child, Canyon.  Natalie had a good time playing with Skyler.  They are into the same girlie things! 
For my birthday and Christmas from Mom and Dad and Bekah and Rachel, I got Guitar Hero with drums and everything! I've never loved video games, but I had asked for this because I thought it was something we all could do together and it has been so much fun!  One of the games I got with it was Beatles RockBand and Dad loved singing along with those songs.  He knows pretty much every word of every song!  Natalie also loves singing - with the microphone basically in her mouth!  So funny...
Nathan's absolute favorite Christmas gift was a little guitar that I gave him (it was actually a hand-me-down from my cousin).  He loves it and it's the perfect size for him.  There's no way to tune it really but he doesn't mind and he plays it all the time.  He also keeps track of his guitar pick with great care!  Natalie's favorite gift was a High School Musical barbie schoolhouse.  It was all she wanted and she does love playing barbies.  The kids also both got scooters which they have had great fun with since we got home.  When it's not been too cold outside!
They like to go "scooterin" down the driveway as fast as they can go and into the grass in front of the mailbox. Nathan says that this scooter does not have "training wheels" like the other one we had that had three wheels!  They are so cute with them!  All in all, a very blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment