Thursday, July 16, 2009

Three more days....

So, only 3 more days until my kids are home with me. They've been spending some time with their dad, and I miss them so, so much!!! I love those kiddos. So I've been spending some time trying to clean up around the house before they get home (translation - getting it ready to be wrecked again :)) I've also been working King's Kids at church this week. I'm working with 4th and 5th grade for the first time. I usually teach 1st and 2nd grade. What a big difference! I'm really enjoying it. At King's Kids we teach them a musical over the course of a week and they perform it on Sunday night. It's amazing to see how quickly kids can learn. It's a lot of fun.

I was at choir practice last night when we sang the song "Jesus What a Savior You Are." The words touched my heart so, and I couldn't even finish the song. Here's the lyrics:

You are my strength when all my strength has ended
You are my hope when all my hope is gone
You are my joy when my world is full of sorrow
You're the peace in my tomorrow
For I know that you'll be there

You are my song when my melody has ended
A light in the storm when I can't find my way
You are the one who gives my life a reason
Someone to believe in, you help me carry on

Jesus, what a Savior you are
Savior you are
Jesus, what a Savior you are
You are

You are my rock when I need a place of refuge
A hand reaching out when I stumble and I fall
You are my all in every time and season
You are all I've ever needed
Every time I call

You heard my cry, you answered my plea
You gave up your life, gave me everything
Now forevermore I'm devoted to you
And that's why I sing my praises to you

Pretty much sums up how I feel right now... He's there, I know He's there, even when I don't recognize his hand at work in my life, reaching out to catch me when I stumble. And I'm so thankful that He is there and that He is such a great Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment